Young Democratic Party is the Political Party for all Nigerians Home and Abroad.We want to influence the decision making of government and outcomes of governance positively and in favour of the Nigerian. The word YOUNG is to encourage all Nigerians that are young at heart: Men, Women, Farmers, Labourers, Professionals, Technocrats, The work force in all sectors of the human endeavour; as we also welcome Fresh perspectives to the implementation to our National Discourse; Responsible, Selfless, Dynamic and Conscientious leadership is what we preach and act.
YDP seeks to take national responsibility to enhance good governance through the protection and development of an individual Nigerian as the ultimate goal. Our mission to lead this great nation and by extension the entire Africa continent is energized by the conscious sensitization and mobilization of all Nigerians irrespective of our differences. This National rebirth will unlock genuine patriotism and enhance development through citizen’s respect, justice for all and Accountability through allegiance to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
YDP therefore enjoins and call upon all Nigerians: Youth Groups, Your Communities, Your Families and each and every member of citizen of Nigeria everywhere in the world to bring all your talents and strength and join Young Democratic Party and to Make Nigeria achieve potentials for today and tomorrow’s generations. This is a movement to effectively educate, mobilize and energize all Nigerians, including the young people, to ensure that collectively, we embark on this selfless journey of self-discovery, with a renewed sense of vigour, tenacity of purpose and integrity for the advancement of our common humanity.
Vision and Mision
The Young Democratic Party (YDP) was born out of the need to appreciate Nigeria's rich diversity as a multi-lingual and multi- ethnic Nation, and effectively harness the potentials of all Nigerians, particularly the latent endowments of the young people, for the urgent task of building a strong, united and prosperous country.
It is instructive that Nations are built on the enduring vision, unflinching service, deep wisdom, and priceless integrity of elders. Accordingly, the Young Democratic Party will cultivate the wisdom and advice of elders in addressing the plethora of challenges facing us as a Nation while imbibing new ones.
The formation of the Young Democratic Party by its young minds include the actualization of the vision of Nigeria's founding fathers that a 'Strong and one Nigeria is Possible'. Indeed, a New and Productive Nigeria is not only possible but also compelling. This is in view of the need to rescue our beloved Nation from its perpetual state of underdevelopment over the past years.
Our Drives and Aspirations
- To democratically empower the young people by availing them a robust political platform for self- expression, sense of belonging, and freedom of democratic choice.
- To enthrone the Nigerian citizen as the prime natural resource of the Nation and heal him of identity crisis through various means including but not limited to self-discovery policies.
- To strengthen the three tiers of Government by optimizing their potentials for socio-economic growth for sustainable development.
- To decentralize power at the center through devolution of powers to the States, Local Governments and Communities for rapid, sustained and balanced national development.
- To exploit and harness our rich human and materials resources for scientific and technological development.
- To bring elders, technocrats and highly skilled professional in a Think Tank, that shows a more strategic sustainable and developmental framework for our country.
- To discover and maximize youth with ideas and launch them as great exports for the common good of the federation.
- To protect and defend all Nigerian citizens both at home and in the Diaspora, as well as its terrestrial space.
Vision and Mision
- To ENTHRONE a true and viable social democratic system; an ALL inclusive governance style, devoid of tribal, gender or sectional considerations, in order to decisively deal with all socio – economic vices, setting in motion a sequence for a New Nigeria our dreams.
- To BUILD PEOPLE as the main and prime resource of the Nation and complement with strong structures and institutions devoid of personal interests and considerations, where the common good is paramount and supreme.
- To LEAD sustainable innovations, technological advancements, industrialization and scientific discoveries.
- To APPRECIATE AND STRENGTHEN the capacity of the Young people to take responsibility and be active participants as well as leading roles in the new Nigeria project.
- To FOSTER unity and brotherhood amongst young enterprising patriots in order to Lead a New generation for national rebirth in the next 100 years of our national and corporate existence.
Contact Our National Executives
For guidiance and YDP Road Map